Exercise Professionals’ Registration
- Who can register?
- What are the benefits of registration?
- Professional development program accreditation
Physical Activity Australia has been instrumental in the development of national standards for the training and formal registration of exercise professionals since 1987, ensuring enhanced public access to appropriate instruction.
Who can register?
Exercise professionals aged over 18 years who can demonstrate they have achieved the required competencies for the delivery of safe and effective exercise instruction to the community.
Our registrants and members come from a wide range of industries including fitness, leisure, recreation, sport and aquatics.
What are the benefits of registration?
Both registration and membership with us provides access to a range of benefits including low cost insurance and ongoing professional development opportunities. Registration may also open up employment options.
We are currently in discussions with US and UK exercise professionals’ registration bodies seeking reciprocal agreements for our registrants. The European registration body will assess Physical Activity Australia’s current registrants on a case-by-case basis.
Benefits of registration:
- 30 years partnering with exercise professionals
- national registration aligned with the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package
- recognition of approved qualifications and commitment to ongoing professional development
- access to $0 excess insurance, managed by JLT Sport
- access to Accredited Professional Development Programs
- regular notification of upcoming career development opportunities
- personal service to assist you with your registration and throughout your career
- regular updates on the latest physical activity research worldwide
- vocational advice and industry support
- independently operated with no affiliations
- not-for-profit organisation focused on supporting individual exercise professionals
- partnerships with many chronic disease organisations who support our work
- alliances with major university Exercise and Sports Science departments
- discounts on various partner products and services – find out more about our partners here
Professional development program accreditation
We also provide an accreditation service for educational programs that contribute to the professional development of registrants. As part of the accreditation process we allocate professional development points.