Launching into 2017 brings fresh opportunities to evaluate our activities and consider new ideas or changes; it’s the time to revitalise our business operations and deliver to our clients with renewed energy.
It also reinforces our determination to continue to uphold the quality standards that our business is built upon.
Importantly for us at Physical Activity Australia, holding to our strong industry standards is central to maintaining our professional integrity. And, in the absence of any other regulation, ensuring we are aligned with ASQA accredited minimum learning standards of Certificates III and IV in Fitness. In the current volatile fitness education environment, this has never been more important.
Whether you’re just embarking on your fitness career or looking to build on your existing skills set, we recommend that you thoroughly research all courses, seminars and other education opportunities. If you’re serious about your career, you owe it to yourself to find the best quality and most suitable professional development that suits your career path.
Things to consider include:
- Understanding what you want to achieve and write it down.
- Make sure the program provider is appropriately qualified or accredited.
- Check that the course you’re interested in isn’t condensed to make it convenient and shorter, but rather ensure the content is comprehensive and good quality. Better that you spend longer learning high-quality content.
- Contact relevant providers and ask key questions to ensure best chance of a course fulfilling your needs.
- Seek online reviews.
- Seek information from other trainers.
- And as always, contact us at PAA for advice. We’ve all worked in the fitness industry so know and understand how confusing it can sometimes be finding the right course. Give us a call on 1300 784 467.
Ben Cooper, General Manager.