Marketing is vital for any business, but especially for personal trainers—as they are the face of their business and need to promote themselves and their services to audiences.
How they do this can affect the overall success of their business.
Establishing a strong marketing strategy for your personal training business is therefore crucial for ongoing success. It will allow you to attract interest, build long-lasting relationships, and to thrive in the competitive environment.
Here’s six tips to help you market your PT Business:
- Know Your Target Market: Identifying your client base is the first step to marketing your PT business. During this step, you should determine who your clients are, their age range, where they live, what they are looking for, what their income levels are, and what their fitness levels are. This information will help you make strategic decisions about how you can reach them.
- Establish a Point of Difference: Differentiating yourself from similar businesses will help increase your client base and make people think twice about what service they want to join. Make sure to clearly promote your differences to your target market, so they know exactly what makes you different.
- Make Connections and Network: Word of mouth is the best and cheapest way for you to market your business. This can be achieved through current clients and other professionals you connect with. Networking with local businesses is another great way to gain exposure and market your business.
- Promote Variety: Encountering clients that come and go is inevitable as a personal trainer. One way to retain current clients and draw new ones is to provide variety and special offers. This keeps people interested and adds value to their service.
- Online Presence: There is no denying that people head online to research products and services before they invest in them. It is therefore vital to have a strong online presence (think website, social media and even a blog), so that you can sell yourself and your services, and get your business seen and sought after.
- Measure and Optimise: The final step of marketing your PT business is monitoring and analysing your marketing efforts. This will allow you to see what it and isn’t working, and make informed decisions about your future marketing. Your metrics of measurement may be financial or simply asking for client feedback. Remember: if you find one method to be successful, there are always ways to build on that success further.