A recent study found that there is higher satisfaction and willingness to recommend a business/Gym/studio/leisure centre when members have more than one reason to go to that business to work out – especially if they take part in group exercise sessions. On the other hand, the longer someone is a member of a business, the less likely he/she is to have a high level of satisfaction and will actively promote the business. That’s where your interaction as a business owner/staff member comes into play. You need to keep your members active and make them feel like they’re just as much a part of your fitness business as you are.
Here are some ideas to keep your clients/customers engaged and improve retention:
- An automated Welcome Email campaign can set the tone for a long-term relationship.
- Learn clients’ names and introduce your clients to new instructors/stuff.
- Keep asking your clients/customers questions. Get to know your clients and develop real relationships with them. If they share something important such as their birthdays, make a note of it and schedule a reminder for yourself to follow up.
- Highlight hard work by choosing a member of the week/month and celebrate milestones.
- Client engagement on social media is a very effective way to increase the level of satisfaction. You can host a social media challenge to get the word out. You may also take photos after classes, share on social media and tag your clients/customers. Creating a selfie station can help your clients to show off their hard work on their personal social media. Have your logo or a branded hashtag painted on the selfie station.
- Be creative within your environment. Plan themed classes and throw studio anniversary parties or bring in live music to your sessions. Workouts to live music are so much fun and memorable.
- Use automated email to celebrate your clients’ anniversaries.
Reference: MindBody Business