PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AUSTRALIA INDUSTRY ADVISORY COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE
Focus of Group and Purpose
Provide advice to Physical Activity Australia on the registration standards, program accreditation and professional development standards for exercise professionals in a manner that will continually improve industry standards; encouraging registrants to participate in continued professional development, with support and acknowledgment from industry stakeholders.
Key Objectives of Group
- Registration Standards
- Define and continually improve industry guidelines against best practice, identifying any gaps in current industry standards and expectations, and provide solutions to address these.
- Contribute to the development of policies for registration nationally.
- Program Accreditation
- Define and continually improve Physical Activity Australia assessment guidelines against industry best practice, identifying any gaps in current industry standards and expectations, and provide solutions to address these.
- Assist in shaping the parameters to improve the standard and management of the point allocation system.
- Registrants and Professional Development
- Add to the continuous improvement of the independent quality assurance accreditation system to ensure registrants meet professional development standards.
- Assist in shaping the parameters and content of key strategies to improve the standard and management of the registration system and to promote national growth.
- Advocacy and industry development.
- Act as advocates for the improvement of industry standards for exercise professionals and consumers of these services.
- Encourage industry support and embracement of the Physical Activity Australia Registration Scheme.
- Assist in raising the awareness of the general public to the benefits of obtaining the services of a registered and insured exercise professional.
Last updated: April 2015